Saturday, January 22, 2005

Week 11

My weeks begin on Wednesday so week 11 is almost over, but I thought I'd update since I haven't done it for a while. As of today, I have 200 more days to be pregnant (that's assuming I have the baby on August 10). Sure seems like a long time!
Josh is taking me shopping for some maternity clothes today or tomorrow. Sometime this weekend I'll post a new belly picture. I'm not too big, but my jeans make me tummy hurt if I bend over. So I'm getting new ones! Very exciting.
By week 11, my baby's organ systems are now all fully functioning and she has a skeleton, nerves and blood circulation. My baby has tiny feet that are fully formed and shaped and could stand on an adult's fingernail. That's so little. Please just hold your finger out and imagine a little baby that fits right on there!!
My baby is actually growing so quickly now that she will start out this week being approximately 21 - 25 mm or 0.85 - 1.0 inches and by the end of the week will have doubled that and be approximately 44 - 51 mm or 1.75 - 2.0 inches and weight approximately 7 grams. My baby was 20 mm three weeks ago, so I think that she's probably on the larger end of that.
My baby will also begin to get baby teeth, fingernails, toenails and hair follicles this week.

The only other exciting thing happening now it that my morning sickness is gone. I haven't even felt like I was gonna throw up for a whole week. Now all I do is eat and sleep and work. I come home and eat and then sleep until work. I eat the whole time I'm there. Pretzels, candy, apples, anything. I'm always walking around with something in my mouth. I may not be big now, but I'm going after my official title as the fattest Mee-Maw.

No comments: